Classical Drawing - Cast drawing 1
3 HR. TUESDAY OR THURSTDAY 9:30 - 12:30 OR 18:30 - 21:30
4 WEEKS STARTING JAN. 21, 2020 - FEB. 11, 2020
LEVEL: COMPLETED THE FOUNDATION COURSE 1 & 2 ADULT , YOUTH
INSTRUCTOR: ATANAS CHONGAROV - MA, ASA
The discipline of cast drawing has helped artists develop their observational drawing skills for centuries, and is a staple of our sequence of instruction at Atanas's Studio. Cast work can be challenging, and presents some clear advantages for students over working from live models. Casts never move, never take breaks, and never need to be paid by the hour. Being a consistent white local color, casts allow students to focus on the challenges of describing form, structure and light without the added distractions of varying surface colors, textures and opacities found on other objects.
You will need:
- A notebook, sketchbook or binder to take notes and store handouts is recommended.
- 18" X 24" - 500 Series Drawing - Strathmore Artist Paper
- Two butterfly clips.
- An assortment of pencils grades: 2H, H, F, HB, B, 2B-8B, Faber-Castel.
- A blade to sharpen your pencils.
- Sandpaper Block Pencil Sharpener in a ziploc baggie.
- A vinyl eraser and a kneaded eraser.
*We provide the easel and drawing boards.
*Additional materials will be discussed during classes.
*Many items are available for purchase at the Studio